Tuesday, September 20, 2011

JUANJO OLIVA Madrid SS 12

A quick glance at Madrid primavera/verano (that means spring/summer) 2012 fashion week, I have been following all the catwalks but when I saw the 'diva' collection Juanjo Oliva did, I though it was deep-felt and among (if not) the best, and I am glad to say I was not the only one thinking that as he has won the l'oreal award for the best collection.

His line: simple, clean and greatly feminine. Recalling the muses from the golden age of Hollywood, like for example Lauren Bacall he has designed and built amazing evening dresses, full of movement due to the flowing lightweight silks, and early 40's sophistication.
 It´s just contagious elegance!

 Below, the designer Juanjo Oliva with Nieves Alvarez (one of the most important spanish models who is now retired and also a close friend of his), who opened and closed this magnificient show.
CONGRATS

No comments:

Post a Comment