Friday, June 24, 2011

CHRISTINA ECONOMOU

This three weeks have been mad, i have done so much in just a few days, sorry if i haven´t post as much as you expect me to...
I finished my exams last week on thursday, before the graduate fashion show was held in London from the 5th to the 8th of June and i was there to help. Last weekend I was in Madrid to assist to my sister´s graduation, this wednesday I went to Pembroke´s May Ball, in Cambridge, and finally yesterday it was Marangoni graduation show, and i went to help as well.


So much going on, but in terms of fashion I want to talk about someone, before going through the graduation fashion show (GFW), and before telling you how was Maragoni fashion show as well.

Christina Economou

I want to anticipate you a name you are gonna strictly associate with fashion in a few years time, or maybe less...
A greek student, graduate from Istituto Marangoni, from the Paris campus, and 
winner of the International award of GFW 2011.




I had the pleasure to watched her collection twice, both in GFW and Marangoni London graduate show. furthermore, i had the huge chance to see and feel her stunning outfits so close they were in my hands.


How come? well, when I got to the backstage of GFW as dressers, We were asked to pick up a model, I went directly to the cloths I liked the most, they were 6 outfits and the third one I remember it was one of Christina´s. It consist in a silky tight colourfull printed skirt, a bodice made of a shinny silk printed with intense blue lines forming checks, and an airy black and white overgarment that moved very gracefully as the model walked, I was amazed.

I also remember, She was constantly looking after her garments and the models, putting the right shoes in place, letting us know how she wanted the garment to be fasten, the delicate parts of them, she was very nice and extremely caring... 
That is real dedication to Fashion, it indicates a lot, she is not just talented but hard working. For all that, if you remember her name, you will be able to say ¨Yep, I saw that one coming¨.

Christina Economou receiving the International award


No comments:

Post a Comment